(Zero Two Bee *)

Chinese terrorist group claims responsibility for Malaysian jetliner's crash

A major rescue operation is underway in the Gulf of Thailand
A major rescue operation is underway in the Gulf of Thailand
EFE
FAST TRACK
The self-styled Chinese Martyr's Brigade has sent a formal statement to several Chinese outlets claiming full responsibility for an alleged attack on a Boeing 777 with 227 passengers on board, which remains missing since Saturday. Meanwhile, rescue teams are combing the Vietnamese waters were the jetliner disappeared.
By Staff Reporter in Madrid
10/03/2014
10:12 horas
An air crash in Vietnamese waters would have been a terrorist attack perpetrated by the Chinese Martyrs' Brigade, the group claimed in a statement sent to Chinese media outlets. The militant group has claimed full responsibility for the accident, which is believed to have killed 227 passengers and 12 crew members, agencies informed.

The FBI has offered to help investigators, the Vietnamese government has confirmed. Meanwhile, emergency teams quashed rumours of plane components found in Vietnamese waters.

Malaysia Airlines confirmed no parts have been found as yet, as a major rescue operation is ongoing in the Gulf of Thailand. For their part, Malaysian officials refused that any part of the plane has been found, as had initially been suggested by Vietnamese authorities. “All lines of investigation are open”, they added.
 
 
Malaysia Airlines confirmed that no debris of the missing jet has been found yet
 
In its latest statement, the air carried stressed the point that it is “actively helping” authorities monitoring a rescue operation along the Malaysian aviation agency (DAC).

“DAC has confirmed it is working hand-in-hand with rescue teams from Australia, China, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapur, Vietnam, Philippines and the US. We hearthfully thank them for their efforts”, added in the communiqué.

Malaysia Airlines highlighted the point that “supporting passengers' relatives remains their utmost priority”. Relatives have been provided both financial and pshychological aid. They have also received information, transport, accommodation, free meals and medical assistance.

The air carrier noted that passengers' relatives were based in Kuala Lumpur, where they await any developments. More families are expected to arrive in the next hours in the Asian city to be informed first-hand of any findings.

Meanwhile, the airline has opened lines of communication with Malaysian and Chinese border authorities to issue emergency visas for passengers' relatives.

The General Manager of the Malaysian aviation agency underlined the fact that up to 24 ships from Vietnam, China, Singapur, the US, Indonesia, Thailand, Australia and Philippines take part in the rescue operation. “I can ruefully confirm that no parts of the crashed jet have been spotted so far”, said speaking to TV1.
 
 
Passengers' relatives await developments in Kuala Lumpu
 
Mr Azharuddin Abdul Rahman refused statements as to possible findings around a couple of oil slicks spotted 50 miles south of Tho Chu. Preliminary informations stating that the floating debris were part of the tail and a plug doors were refused.

“Unofficial reports were outright dismissed by Vietnamese authorities”, said the Civil Aviation official.

Up to 239 passengers flew on board the Malaysia Airlines MH370, including two underage air travellers and a 12-strong crew. Confirmed reports state that crew members were all Malaysian nationals, whilst passengers hailed from China (153), Malaysia (38), Indonesia (7), Australia (6), India (5), France (4), the United States (3), New Zealand (2), Ukraine (2), Canada (2), Russia (1), Italia (1), the Netherlands (1), Austria (1) and Taiwan (1).
comments powered by Disqus